Sunday, March 6, 2011

introduction

    I believe it is proper to introduce my self first to my readers before saying anything I planned saying here. Let me start by saying my name is AbdulMumini Shuaibu AbdulLahi. I was born in Kano state of Nigeria and grew up here. I am a lawyer by profession (I was just called to the Nigerian Bar in November 2009), so as you can see, very inexperienced lawyer indeed. I don't think I have much to say about my self apart from the little I have said above. Ok, honestly, it is not that I don't have much to say about my self but rather, I wouldn't say more, because I do not believe it is right for me to, instead of saying more important things but, waste my and your time writing about my biography which is not the topic of this discourse. So, forgive me, but that is enough I can supply about my self.
   Done with the introduction stuff, so it is now time to tell my readers the whole idea behind this blog and what it seeks to focus on and the goals it seeks to achieve in the long run. I must admit that this whole thing was inspired by a friend. Although I have always been interested in public affairs and public commentaries, but I have never given it deeper consideration until recently when I got to read some interesting articles written by a very special friend of mine, then I became convinced that this is what I really want to do. So that's how the idea of creating this blog came about. Perhaps I should add that, she (my very special friend) played a significant role in creating this blog as she helped with getting some necessary internet stuffs fixed! For that I will like to say: thank you very much mademoiselle!
   As I said earlier on, I have always dreamt of been a public commentator, and I think this has to do with the fact that I have always been a critical observer of happenings in my surroundings! I observe and make sure that I comprehend, and form my opinion on anything that happen in my community and which I come to know about. I just don't let things pass me by like that, and if one is like this, it is only natural to start looking for avenues where one will start translating those opinions in forms of criticisms, observations and suggestions to the general public for us to have a better informed community! There is no better time in my opinion that the people of this nation need information about certain things happening in various parts of this country than this particular time! And this is exactly what this blog seeks to provide to its readers - information!
   The writings in this blog intend to cut across many spheres of our public life. It is not intended in anyway to restrict it to particular fields; for instance, politics, law, romance and etc. The blogger will touch as it is necessary and relevant any pressing issue that is of importance to the public irrespective of the category of human endeavours it falls into. The post on this blog will appear each Sunday of every week barring any unforseen circumstances that may either alter such arrangement or prevent altogether the blogger from posting anything on any particular Sunday. Your comments, criticisms (constructive of course), and suggestions are welcomed, that I believe is the only way we can make this blog achieve its goals of informing and educating the public. I would like to say also that as this blog has just been created, there should be some modifications in terms of beautification and other improvements to be made to the site from time to time.  I only hope that the readers will appreciate those modifications as they are made. Thank you and see you on Sunday for the full debut!
   Your faithfully,
   
   The blogger.




 
ps:

If some pressing issues arise that it is considered by the blogger too important to let them pass by, the blogger will, if circumstances permit, write on them and post even during the week. However, such special posts will only be appearing on Wednesday. So it is suggested that the readers should be visiting the site on Wednesdays for such postings. 

2 comments: